The oldest sports institute of Finland offers unique educational camps for children and youth led by professionals in their field. Our camps offer a memorable visit, no matter what time of the year you come. Varala offers a diverse range of different activities from which you can put together a phenomenal camp that you will remember for a lifetime! Your child will experience Finnish nature and learn about the arctic plants and animals by functional methods. If you are willing to experience some new sports you can do it with top athletes and coaches. Varala also offers modern, high-education in sports and PE.
Come and enjoy the top quality camps and a unique location by the lake, just 10 minutes from the center of Tampere.
The camp curriculum consists of practical training in sports, physical training, cultural knowledge, natural science, science and technology. The curriculum is planned to develop participants cognitive skills, emotional skills, physical skills and social skills through the following aims:
- To encourage positive attitude towards sports and physical tasks
- To learn new physical skills
- To find enjoyment in physical activities that encourages to implement learned skills in the future
- To acknowledge the importance of good physical health as a basis of wellbeing
- To learn about a foreign country and culture
- To learn about flora and fauna in Finland
- To acknowledge individual skill to strengthen positive self confidence
- To learn the basics of computer coding
- To learn how to conduct scientific tests
- To learn to process feelings in different situations
- To develop communication skills and co-operation abilities